zondag 8 februari 2009

Quick update...

Not a lot going on this week as I just couldn't keep my mind on painting with all the stuff that is hanging over my head. I made a few attempts to start, but after only a few minutes I gave up.

Club night last Friday was better, I got a game of Songs of Blades and Heroes done. At least the "play more" part is still holding on. It was quite a long game, but that was because of all the distractions. One of the other members was dealing stuff, I mean selling someof his old 1/300 Heroic and Ross collection. I resisted temptation, but Stef needed a fix and broke down. He is now the proud owner of a WWIII (no typo) Russian Army.

All this got the three of us talking about big battalion old school gaming and then some other stuff as well. Looks like we'll be checking out FoG next week to see if we can start something new in the club. And because we're thinking of going the 1/72 route, this will cost me almost nothing. I have an extensive collection of plastic and some metal in 20mm stashed away. Carthaginians, New Kingdom Egypt, Assyrians, Indian (Alexandrian era) and then some... Being a pack rat does have its rewards, you just have to wait long enough.

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten

Ctrl-Alt-Del: the Day after Crisis

What better time to restart this blog than what is to me the watershed moment of the gaming year: the Crisis show by the Tin Soldiers of Ant...