dinsdag 19 mei 2009

All Things Zombie is go!

A while ago I ordered "All Things Zombie" from Two Hour Wargames with the "play more" idea in the back of my mind. Quick games with a limited number of figures... When it comes to humans, I have enough cops, gangers, armed civies stuffed away in my cupboards (yes, the plural is no typo) to cover that part of the game. Zombies, on the other hand...

With the new Wargames Factory 28mm zombies coming out at about the same moment that was not a real problem. One set of those should be more than enough so when the Red Barons show in Gent was nearing I preordered some from one of the traders that would be attending. The day came, but not the traders. Thier car broke down on the wrong side of the English Channel. So what, someone else is bound to have them? No zombies in Gent. Same thing in Rheindahlen, no zombies to be seen anywhere... Wtih all the zombie rules being published lately, I was surprised. Time do some online shopping.


So it was back to the guys at Wargames Emporium, the guys with the crappy car, to order two sets of zombies (only one for me, the other for my partner in crime) and a blister of GHQ Russian assault guns and one of CinC Russian artillery to augment my Blitzkrieg Commander forces. I ordered them last Friday and when I got home from work there was a Jiffy bag sticking out of my mailbox. I was hoping for a card from the mailman telling me to pick up a package at the PO, this was one better. Like a kid on boxing day!


After ripping open the envelope I wasn't too happy. The zombies aren't packed in a box but in a plastic bag, so I was a bit nervous about their state after being handled by the mail system. I would have liked some better packaging by Wargames factory. But the survived without problems. When I looked at them for the first time, they seemed rather small, but in the end it turned out to be a case of being used to GW steroid 28mm figures. Compared to a Perry miniatures ACW they look normal. Now all I need to find is a good skin tone for zombies in my Foundry paints.


So pretty soon they'll be facing of with these guys I picked up at the bring and buy in Gent, a painted blister of Foundry SWAT troopers that I got for 10 euros. The same price my friend paid at one of the traders after delving in the discount bin for exactly the same figures. Sometimes life smiles at you. Most of the time it just mocks you though ;-)

1 opmerking:

  1. Good choice of game. I have ATZ but my zombies are all 15mm from a variety of sources. I just need to sort out more 15mm urban terrain so that I can go searching for more zombies.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen

Ctrl-Alt-Del: the Day after Crisis

What better time to restart this blog than what is to me the watershed moment of the gaming year: the Crisis show by the Tin Soldiers of Ant...