woensdag 24 mei 2017

First of Fifteen. Some Light Reading

Thanks to some rare celestial conjunction my regular workschedule and a pair of national holidays leading to three and four day weekends, I was able to take just five days off and be away from work for a whopping fifteen... woohoo!!!
I have a cunning plan for a big part of this vacation, wargames related at that, but you'll have to stay tuned for that.

So to start off these two weeks I headed into town to pick up this month's copy of Miniature Wargames and to drop by in the FLGS to get the latest White Dwarf... Yes, White Dwarf... I picked up a copy last month to see what had become of this venerable publication since its latest editorial change and was pleasantly surprised. OK, it's still the Evil Empire's version of Signal, but hey, I paid for it and didn't feel ripped off afterwards.
And with EE's shifting attitudes and more open communication on the interwebs I find myself getting interested in their games again. So I was kinda planning to get a copy of Necromunda, I mean Shadow War: Armageddon. Other than the book I wouldn't need to buy anything else, plenty of figures in my collection to make warbands for about half the lists in the book.



But then there is 8th edition 40K on the horizon, a good three weeks away now. Meaning that the store owner seems hell bent on getting rid of his remaining 7th edition books. And even though I never played 7th I somehow still managed to leave with a good selection of books.
At 70% off... I just can't resist discounts like that. And over half of them actually cover forces I have in my collection, so I stayed pretty focused.




Did I mention that 7th edition 40K will be gone soon? And that people seem to dump their books at crazy prices? And that I can't pass on a bargain?
So later today I picked up a parcel with some more 40K codex books, bought through a for sale group on facebook (why oh why did I ever join it?)



I sure am not going to run out of things to read during this vacation... But light reading it ain't... Turns out that whole stack weighs a whopping 7,8 kilos...



Happy Reading (not going to get around to painting or gaming now)!!!

Till next time

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten

Ctrl-Alt-Del: the Day after Crisis

What better time to restart this blog than what is to me the watershed moment of the gaming year: the Crisis show by the Tin Soldiers of Ant...