woensdag 3 mei 2017

Midweekender 4: Proof of Life and April Tank Madness

Ah, right on time to set a once every 7 months schedule... Man, I suck at this blogging thing...

Buying new stuff, that's where you'll see me shine. And last month was no different.
The release of 4th edition Flames of War saw me order a copy of the El Alamein starter set from The Boardgame General, mainly for the rulebook, but I could always use those tanks for some Bolt Action/Chain of Command forces and at those prices, right? That's 5 tanks...

Along came Impact 2017, a small con just across the border in Eindhoven (Netherlands) so over Joe's Bridge and along Hell's Highway I went. With my El Alamein starter still in transit I broke down and bought a second one along with the new Afrika Corps book (now at 10 tanks). Then my friend bought a few Tanks blister... turns out Henri had that game without ever telling at the club. No prizes for guessing what happened a few minutes later (now at 13 tanks)

With Salute looming QRF miniatures were giving a "not going to Salute" discount and I still had some missing army list options for my early war Chain of Command forces but as I was busy with that order I thought "doesn't Zvezda make a Matilda I too? Let's check."
So, as the saying goes, no wallet survives contact with ebay... I ended up with buying up some guy's collection of Zvezda vehicles (yes, including a Matilda I) at less than 3€ each after shipping. At those prices, right? (now at 24 tanks)

While that order was processing, the FLGS decided to run a 50% off clearance sale on Tanks blisters, just the week I planned going into town to pick up my copy of Miniature Wargames at the new's agent... For the love of Khorne...

I guess the good news is I at least got them all built... 
Yep, 32! I bought AND built 32 vehicles over the last month... Good thing that QRF still have to ship my order or it would have ended up at 38.

So, that means it's time to dig up all the other 15mm vehicles that I still have stashed throughout several geological layers of my unpainted pile, get them built as well and learn how to work with my airbrush...

As always, happy gaming and painting...
See you in 7 months?


Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten

Ctrl-Alt-Del: the Day after Crisis

What better time to restart this blog than what is to me the watershed moment of the gaming year: the Crisis show by the Tin Soldiers of Ant...